Thursday, April 12, 2018

Rose's Titanic Tea gown

Today I worked on a historic/period dress for a period Titanic tea I am attending for my Va. Fashion doll club celebration on April 14th at the Hanover Tavern on Sunday, April 15th.  The Hanover Historic Tea can be read about HERE

I am really excited about it, as I already have my 'costume' ready. Believe it or not, I was able to pull items out of my closet and jewelry box. I only purchased two items- a Vintage Hat on Ebay and a hair accessory to get my hair period correct to wear the hat correctly.  So I also have my purse, fan, pearls, brooch, and even period correct shoes and dress already. 

We also have to bring a doll dressed in period dress , during the era of the Titanic. I was going to use my Victorian Avon spring Barbie, but I thought, someone might bring someone like her. Or the same exact doll. Then my eyes lighted on my red headed Moods Poppy with the hair done in a bun, similar to Rose's hair. I looked through the gowns of the Titanic quickly on google images and came up with the tea gown where she pulls out the cigarette and her fiancee takes it out of her hand, then she gets up to go out on the deck for air and that is when Jack first sees her and talks to her, and teaches her to spit, and gets invited to dinner that evening. 

I did not have yellow satin, but I did have a peach satin, with the lace like Rose had on her dress, with green to use as a sash. My dress is slightly different since it is a peach chiffon. I also made Rose a cigarette in a holder. 






Rose is having a long slow drag and calming her nerves with some tea and pastries before having to face her mother and fiancee....

Enjoy!

No comments: