Tuesday, April 3, 2018

More Easter photos...

I have had some time to blog today...and thought I would share dolls of a larger scale. I had restored my Patti Playpal clone doll with a wig and found a dress and adorable vintage Easter bonnet and matching purse. This doll measures 36 inches high and is a walker doll. I had one like it when I was about 4 years old and loved her. Her hair is a mess, which I have not shaved off but covered with a wig cap and a long wig. I cleaned up her face and limbs. 

She's all dressed up for Easter. 





She is shown with a small collection of my vintage Rabbits. I have more , finding them was the problem.  I thought her dress was adorable and went well with this little bonnet. I knew I wanted her to be dressed in yellow for Easter, but finding a yellow dress was extremely hard- especially in the vintage 1950 and 1960's Polly Flinders style smocked dresses we wore way back when. Little girls do not dress like that anymore. This little sateen dress with tulle underskirt I found in a thrift store for $2 in a size 4T for her. Part of the problem finding dresses for her to fit is her body size is that of a small three- to four year old or toddler. So you don't want her to look to old or too young. My husband loves this doll as he likes having her stand in the window and 'freak' people out,as a joke,  since people are freaked out by the realistic looking eyes. LOL.

Hope everyone had a happy Easter. Lisa 

No comments: