Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Saga of on the Hunt for Barbie Babysitters Inc. Dolls...

After completing the purchase of the three Skipper dolls with the accessories, my local Walmart finally had two of the 'Singles' Skipper and Friends dolls. Today I was able to purchase a Nikki and a gasp! SKIPPER WITHOUT PURPLE in her hair. Or maybe it isn't a Skipper.  That's what I hate about Mattel. They do not give the dolls names, you have to guess or troll the websites and look at the titles on websites like Target, Walmart, Toys R US. 

So here is what I have so far. 








I was able to get the Kevin doll on Ebay from ordering HERE This was as reasonable a price as I could find. The stores in my area are not carrying him. 

I was able to order the blonde headed doll in the flowered dress from Toys R US for 9.99 I am sure she was available for pickup, but I went ahead and paid for 5.99 for shipping since I live about 30 miles away from the nearest Toys R Us. Cheaper than the Gas. 
The last doll , which seems to be Asian, is on Amazon or Ebay at escalated prices. I am hoping she will turn up at one of my local Targets or Walmarts. 

Nikki and Skipper are turning up in the single packs and playsets /accessories as are the babies. I have three of them. I just have not started deboxing my dolls and items as I do not want to lose any of the accessories. 





The babies , though they appear to be the same, are in some ways, different to me. It occurred to me that they would be a good project to 'repaint' and make more personable than the cartoonish faces that Mattel has put on them since their bodies are proportioned correctly, and someone could put mohair on them. That may be a rainy day project I may attempt. For 2.44 you can't beat the price. 

Someone should also repaint the skippers as well.These are all of the ones I currently have collected/purchased. 




The one in the doughnut shirt is my favorite as far as faces go. 





So far , this is my Babysitters Inc. collection with two more dolls ordered on the way.  I guess I have gone a little overboard on Skipper. 

I need to thank Phyllis from her blog A Day In the Life of My Dolls from her blog post on the Babysitters Inc dolls . Thanks so much Phyllis. Go read her blog it's great.  I am a HUGE skipper fan and did not know these dolls were going for so much on ebay and amazon as well as the baby sets- people you can buy them in walmart for 2.44!  But then again, I resorted to Ebay for Kevin. I think people are buying them up in my local walmart and selling them, LOL. 

I have also purchased today two clothing sets- one sparkle girls outfit and a Barbie set. 



I adore those little overall sets , I have another one from a few years back that my GLOSS poppy wears and this bathing suit/spa set I snapped right up. I know one of my newest poppy's or my oldest- Pillow Talk will adore wearing it.  Hopefully I can get my favorite dolls back into some stories. 

All for now- Lisa

3 comments:

Ms. Leo said...

It looks like you have three of the Skipper's. Skipper has purple in her hair and you have the AA doll that some are calling Nikki. The Hispanic doll (is the one with the mole on her face)I'm not sure what they are calling her! You seem to have a good number of the babies! They are cute!

Phyllis said...

I found the Asian one on eBay for just a little over retail price, so I snapped her up! I had eBay bucks to spend too, so that made her a bit more palatable. I have quite a few of the babies -- just found the AA one. Still looking for the Asian baby. I picked up an extra of the blonde on sale at Walmart for $7.94. I think I am going to turn her into a boy as we need more boys in this age category. Great job on finding these, Lisa and thanks for the shout out!

Lisa Neault said...

Thanks Ms. Leo for clarifying the doll I got was a Hispanic doll. They did not put a name on her. I guess Skipper is known as Skipper now because she has that horrid streak of purple in her hair. ugh. Why are all the other doll have normal hair and poor Skipper has grunge hair? What happened to the adorable hair styles with the beautiful blonde and brunnette hair?? It really makes me cry to see Skipper with such ugly hair.

The babies are available/easy to find in all ethnic skin tones, so they are pretty easy to find. I will go back and get a few more in the other skin tones, I had broke my bank on this go , had to stop somewhere, lol.
Phyllis I may have to snap up the Asian one like you did. That is what I did with Kevin. Apparently the Asian and the Hispanic dolls do not have names. I guess we get to name them outselves, though in the past Skipper's friends were named Courtney and Whitney. I know the AA doll is known as Nikki. You are welcome for the shout out, without you I would not have known how to hunt these dolls down!!!