Saturday, January 6, 2018

UFDC 2010 Alice Leverett Petite Marie Terese

In an earlier post when I talked about goals for 2018, one of my goals to work on in this year was acquiring some 'grail' dolls. I had already begun on one of those, which was this little lovely which I acquired on Ebay-
 Marie Terese 10.5 jointed Doll Alice Leverett UFDC Convention doll

Well, she arrived today, lovingly wrapped and packaged. Many of you know I collect not just Integrity toys/Fashion Royalty dolls, Poppy Parker, & Barbie, but I also love other dolls, such as Tonner, American Girl, Madame Alexander, action figures such as Dragon and Sideshow, GI Joe, and one of my favorites, are the earlier antique French fashion lady dolls. Alice Leverett is a reproduction doll artist par excellent and she created for the United Federation of Doll Convention this little lady. I have yet to join the UFDC as a member at large, but I belong to several groups. I love the antiques and can't afford one but I satisfy myself with reproductions, which are expensive enough, lol. Marie Terese is meant to represent a little girl, of perhaps 10-12 years old in the 1850-1860's. 

She came in her chemise, with her little blue slippers and her bloomers. Originally at convention she came with some other items, like her box and some favors. You could buy at the convention in 2010  a number of dresses and take a class or two with Alice to make her outfits. I plan to start sewing for her as I have some fabric in my stash. Here is a diorama with her and Annabelle, my Francois Gaultier reproduction 12 inch lady doll, who will be her older sister. 




She wears a beautiful blonde wig that is braided in the back, in a chignon bun.




The trunk is a trunk that is doll sized for a diorama, that I picked up a few years ago at Michael's on sale. I have yet to find a suitable one that is similar that satisfies me to be their trunk to hold Annabelle and her clothing. 






Marie Terese rummages through her trunk, looking for her beloved bear so she can sleep for the night. 


I hope someday to have an antique looking dollhouse for these two to house my collection of Bespaq. It would be a huge dollhouse to be 1:6 but I think it would be interesting and have thought what it would take to build. I already have a dollhouse but it only has three rooms and a garage and I want their house to be more antique looking.  I have many favorite dolls for different reasons and the french fashion dolls are my favorites because I used to study the encyclopedia of doll clothing as a kid, my mother purchased it for me one Christmas and I always wanted a french fashion doll, and I always wanted a Huret doll. Don't ask me why. The next doll on my list is a Huret /reproduction.  

Enjoy the pictures! Hopefully she will have some lovely new dresses when you see Marie Terese next!
Lisa

No comments: