Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Lottery Dolls...

I had forgot in the Countdown to Christmas, even though I had taken pics of some of them, to post about my lottery dolls I won in the W Club lottery after the Fashion Fairytale convention. 

Every year, the W Club hosts a lottery of dolls leftover from its convention stock of dolls for its members who may not have been able to attend, as well as a sale around Christmas/Thanksgiving called Dolly Days. I had a chance at a great many of the Convention dolls and entered for four, and amazingly, won three. 

I won:
Wicked Natalia
Spell of Kindness Vanessa
Sea Devil Veronique

I have not yet taken photos of Sea Devil out of the box, but I do have some lovely photos of Natalia and Vanessa out of their boxes, so I will share them here. Natalia is I believe, a doll based on the Wicked queen or the Wicked Witch and has long boots that go underneath the long black tulle gown, which I haven't put on because the zipper and boots are hard to put on the doll. My patience is limited so I usually put generic pumps on my dolls that are easier to navigate and dont' require alot of fiddling with straps and tiny things that may break and pull. 



Here is Natalia in the box. The Convention boxes were made like a book of Fairytales with a ribbon bookmark, with a vellum page that said Once Upon A Time....
Quite dreamy, don't you think? That is one thing that made these dolls so wonderful.







Natalia wore simple dangle dark jeweled earrings and a large onyx ring. Her hair is very beautiful, and simply arranged, which I love. I love her styling, for me simple is what makes a doll sometimes instead of over elaborate weird avante garde. 

Next up was Spell of Kindness Vanessa. I am thinking she is a spin on Glinda the Good witch from Wizard of Oz, like Natalia is supposed to be the wicked witch of the West maybe?






Her box was much larger and wider, like a very large storybook. As you can see, once again the vellum page covering the doll with Once Upon A Time...and the woods silhouettes upon it. Her dress is a froth of pink tulle ruffles with black ribbons on the waist. Her jewelry is a large bracelet, ring, and earrings. 









I have Vanessa here in the music room I had set up for Annabelle and it fits her perfectly, and I added Natalia as well. It looks like they are having a musical soiree, and with those gowns, who wouldn't. 

Vanessa's hair is lovely and smooth and doesn't contain that stiff gunk that Integrity is famous for putting in it. She had wonderful shoes/pumps that were easy to put on too, I really love her, she may be my favorite. 

I still have to take pictures of my Rainbow Poppy from this line of dolls as well as the Sea Devil Veronique. I have had the music room set up and am reluctant to take it down to do photo ops for the other dolls as I am enjoying it too much. So I may do those photos improvised on the dining room table if I am too lazy to take this diorama down, lol. 

Enjoy! Lisa

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

Wow, you certainly did hit the jackpot in the IT Lottery!

Lisa Neault said...

LOL! Yes Phyllis, I did, unfortunately, my wallet didn't think so!

Farrah said...

I love Vanessa! She's gorgeous!

Sam said...

Congratulations! The dolls are lovely.