Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Day after Christmas....

Day 26...and so our Countdown to Christmas has ended....

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I & my husband spent a wonderful Christmas with family and friends this weekend that was relaxing and free of stress - from the businesses and other worries, for the first time in years. We had fun decorating, cooking recipes, and visiting neighbors and friends we had not had time to socialize with because of work. My husband gave me some wonderful French perfume and other gifts that really blew me away. No, no dolls as  with this countdown I found I had a ton of dolls- too many to count!! lol! I feel truly blessed. 

Today's doll is a favorite, my reproduction French Fashion doll, a Francois Gaultier porcelain head painted by Sylvia Butler on a Seeley body. She is 12 inches high, and she is my Annabelle . Miss Annabelle today is sitting in her music room practicing on the pianoforte with Mops and Princess the Poodle watching.













One of my grail dolls to add to my beginning reproduction french fashion doll collection is an Ultimate Petite Marie Terese 2010 UFDC doll. There are currently a couple on ebay right now but I am having to watch my pennies as I know that I have dolls from the W Club that will be coming in on pre-order in January. I have always wanted a Marie Terese as a little sister /companion for Annabelle. More historical sewing! As if I don't already have enough projects to do, lol. Another bucket list project is to have a dollhouse big enough for Annabelle and her acquired little sister to live in with their collection of Bespaq to be displayed. Where I would put this dream dollhouse is yet to be decided, lol as I already have one 1:6 dollhouse that takes up a huge amount of room in the dollroom. So right now she will have to settle for temporary rooms. sigh. But it is nice to play! 
All for now-
Lisa

5 comments:

Farrah said...

What a beautiful little rom for your sweet Annabelle! I'm excited to see all of the new dolls coming out, but I have to watch my spending as well (I say that every year, haha.). Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for a healthy and fun New Year!

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you Farrah Lily! Yes, this year I did have a great Christmas, much better than past Christmases, in years past. I hope you had a great one too, and have a Happy New year!

Though there are new dolls around the corner, I am so forgetful of what I put on preorder, I do have to write them down and refer back to my list, lol. So I am putting myself on a dolly fast until the new dolls come in, around the new year. I still haven't posted about my lottery dolls!

Farrah said...

Lol! Well either way, I'm excited to see what you got/get. :) Eventually I do want to add one of these higher end dolls to my collection so I love learning what's out there to choose from!
:)

D7ana said...

Congrats on the pleasant surprise presents. Glad you enjoyed Christmas. Wishing you a Happy New Year, Lisa!

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you D7ana!