Monday, August 28, 2017

Tasha Tudor Day...

For many of those of you, you may not know that my profile pic of myself was taken many years ago in front of the Tasha Tudor dollhouse in Williamsburg when it was on display in the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller museum. This dollhouse, sadly is no longer on display and was specially built to house Tasha's remarkable miniature collection for Thaddeus and Emma , a life size set of dolls she made herself measure 15-16 inches in height. 

Today would have been 102 birthday. As a child I enjoyed her lovely illustrations for such books by Rumor Godden, such as The Dolls House and 
A is for Annabelle which was the inspiration for my reproduction french fashion doll Annabelle. 

So here are a few photos of Annabelle preparing for tea from the archives. I would have liked to do some new photos, but my schedule didn't allow for that. 










If you would like to know more about Tasha Tudor, visit the family's 
Tasha Tudor Website

Tasha Tudor Facebook page

Tasha Tudor Instagram

#TashaTudorDay2017

~Lisa


2 comments:

Farrah said...

Wow, I wish I could've seen that in person!

Lisa Neault said...

Farrah Lily, it was wonderful to see. I have many pictures of the house in my Flicker albums. I went back on my own to see it by myself as that house inspired me. I originally went with the Va Miniature Enthusiasts way back in 2005 or 2006, I can't remember if those were the years around October-November and it was when I was getting into collecting 1:6 scale and desiginging inthat scale for my business, so it may have even been in2007. Tasha's dollhouse is on a scale of 1:4 actually but manyof her items could be used for 1:6 scale. You can buy the book on amazon, called a Lifetime in Miniature. I have it and it isone of my most treasured books. It has the plans that were made of the dollhouse and the goat barn and the conservatory todisplay the collection, replicas of Tasha's home.