Sunday, July 2, 2017

Barbie's Model A Car...

I haven't posted in a long time...but I have the excuse of being busy. With the recent acquisition of this cool little prop, a Model A Car, that is perfect Barbie sized, this was the great reason the do a new post. 

The car is actually an alcohol decanter made by Jim Beam, for Kentucky Bourbon whiskey. I was at an auction recently on a Friday night and saw two of these in a lot and knew immediately that I wanted them. I knew this one would be perfect for my Victorian Barbie dolls. 



If you look closely on the opposite side, you will see the label that says Jim Beam. The liquor spout is underneath the seat. This is a red Model A Ford , 1903. There is a few on Ebay . This particular one also comes in black, they are fairly cheap, from $10-15 on Ebay. 
Here are a couple of auctions- 
Red Model A Decanter car

black Model A Decanter car

The thought also occurred to me that these would make great inexpensive props for the Dr. Who fans. 

After Father had convinced Mother that the automobile  was perfectly safe, they packed their bags and were off for a getaway to the next town for a visit! She still was not convinced...


Especially when they were in the car and he had to check those tires. Never had this trouble with the horses!






Hope you enjoyed the photos and links!

6 comments:

monstercrafts said...

Wow, it's a really cool car! I have never seen one like this before. I know what real life can do to blogging schedule, but I'm glad you found some time.

Cheers!

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you! It has been so hard to find time to blog lately, or take satisfactory photos that I'm pleased with. Hopefully I will get back into the swing of taking great dolly pics more often.

Phyllis said...

I love these cars, but I have promised to not purchase any more doll accessories until I get my doll room all sorted out! Great photos!

Betty said...

What a great find! I'm always pleased when I find a great accessory for my dolls someplace where I never expected to find anything. I don't collect Barbie, but I collect Vogue Ginny dolls which are 1:6 scale. I had a doll friend tell me early on to look at things through Ginny's eye when I'm out and about and I'd be surprised at how many things I'd find in her scale. She was right.

Farrah said...

What a great find...they look fabulous with the vintage Barbies. And I totally hear you about being busy. :)

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you all for the kind comments! I too look for things in Barbie's scale too. Phyllis I know what you mean but my doll room, storage unit studio are also overflowing- but that never stopped me, lol.
Betty I too collect more than Barbie- Reproduction and antique french fashion dolls, Ellowyne, BJD's, madame alexander, occasionally, and fashion royalty dolls too. But Barbie and Fashion Royalty are my favorites.
Farrah Lily- I'm so busy I sadly barely have time to debox or open the boxes to look at the dolls!