Thursday, April 27, 2017

Kicking off my Birthday 'Week-End' .Celebration ...Day 1

Hey Dolls! It's been a while since I posted. I have been in a quandry with work and keeping up with all the dolls that both Mattel and Integrity have been literally pelting us with! Some I have had to pass on just because there were more dolls I want from Mattel- which is a first this year! Today the Wonder Woman dolls were released! My poor wallet. 

Today kicks off my 'Week' -End Celebration of my birthday. It's the first time in a long time my husband and I have had the time and funds on a weekend to do anything , with the weather cooperating. So I've been doing shopping for food, so we can grill, cook, etc. Haven't decided what kind of cake I want. Usually I just buy it, but I might make my own cake this year, since the Easter cake turned out so well! 

The other night I was browsing on Ebay and found this little lady. 
Wedding Day Barbie She just arrived today and she was so cheap. I made an offer on her which was accepted. In our fashion doll club we are going to need a swirl ponytail doll for a class so I figured getting the wedding gown and this doll for that price was too good to pass up. 
Here she is-


back of the box-



I will have another birthday present arriving soon- Champagne Poppy Parker, who I was expecting today but hasn't arrived, but another ebay find- the 1973 Barbie foldup Country Living house. I had this house and still do, only mine has a cracked roof and is somewhere in the attic. I found one with all the furniture and its roof is intact on ebay for $15, the shipping was what killed me. So that is my birthday present this year for me too. Shhh... don't tell on me. lol . I'm not counting the bride doll because I really need her for a future workshop and I got her cheap, lol. 
All for now- off to dinner with the girls at the Bass Pro shop restuarant!
Lisa

3 comments:

Emmie said...

SHe is beautiful!

Phyllis said...

Very nice find on the Wedding Day Doll! She is beautiful as is her dress! What will you be doing with her in the workshop???

Sounds like you are having a wonderful Birthday! Please accept my belated Birthday wishes for you!

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you Pheonix , thank you Phyllis.
I may keep her like she is , she is so lovely- but she was so Cheap! She was 9.99 with make an offer- I offered $7 and shipping was about $7-8. She was about $15 altogether or maybe $16 total, not bad.

Leslie , my friend who attended the OOAK doll convention , did these amazing workshops where they used a swirl ponytail repro barbie similar to this one, I think they used the anniversary silkstone bathing suit one, and did their own design your own dress with 'unconventional ' trims- like candy wrappers, balloons, etc. She showed us some wonderful pics and then they had a workshop where you could trim your dress with your own trims. So that is what she may be for.