Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am writing this blog entry early this morning, as we are going to be busy today. We have already had our early morning Thanksgiving breakfast , which doubled as a 'welcome' breakfast for our Elf on the Shelf Beau who has come back to celebrate Christmas. 

Sadly, I didn't get any Thanksgiving photos of the dolls this year but hope to get some new ones. Here are some from last year.










I found these vintage pop up Turkey centerpieces, this year in my yard sale finds. One large Turkey and two small miniature ones, all for a quarter! This is one of the miniature ones.



Our Breakfast this morning included biscuits and sausage gravy,(warming on the stove) grilled bacon and sausage, maple syrup, butter, apple butter, blackberry jam, coffee, water with lemon, and grapefuit, and apple pie with cheddar cheese. Beau sat in his place of honor next to Mr. Vintage Tom turkey. The two little mini vintage Tom Turkeys were at each placemat. 




That's all for now. Later today I will have some more pics. I will continue tomorrow my Thanksgiving adventures....
Lisa

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Wow, what a great set up you did with the Thanksgiving food spread! Your last photo of the elf made me realize I better start planning my elf set ups, lol. Our's doesn't "arrive" until 12/1 so I still have time! ;)

Lisa Neault said...

LOL..Farrah Lily I wanted to do far more with the elf this year. I have been meaning to get him a sister and the reindeer and the dog. I have wanted to do little in depth scenes with the elf because I find the story intriguing from a miniature/diorama perspective and fun, honestly. I wanted to make him a quilt but finding a suitable bed has been difficult. An old barbie bed isn't sturdy enough because the plastic just doesn't work, needs to be wood for a quilt to drape properly. lol. My elf isn't necessarily put away after Christmas, either.