Wednesday, June 1, 2016

New Project...

So I have a new project in the works. It has been in the works for over two months before I took ill with the kidney stone. I actually drew the plans and cut it out and had assembled it before I took so ill I could not continue. It has been two months since I felt like moving much less working on minis. 

The original concept was Daigon Alley with Honeydukes, and the different shops that encompassed Harry Potter's first  visit- Ollivander's wand shop, and so on. My first attempt will be a Honeydukes, since I LOVE making candys and cakes, and I am drawing inspiration from the one in the MGM studios down in the florida/Disney land studios I have seen pictures of on google images. There are actually no real pics of Honeydukes in the movies. I also plan to do the book store Flourish and Botts. 


The front is designed to come off so you can see the inside. It is made of 1/2 inch foamcore. The back is designed with shelves for the goodies. 


Harry and Ron standing in front of the shelves, being tested out for scale with a cake and some candies I have made. 


Here is the front piece cut out and laying on the table before I did some work to it. 


Here it is with Ron inside and the front back on after the shelves have been glued in and are drying. 

I plan to spray paint the interior a seafoam teal green, then do a black and white tile floor, with gold accents. Really give it a lot of color with bright colors , the exterior will be stone. I have aquite a ways to go before I get to the exterior because so much needs to be done before I even begin to spray paint and add color and flooring. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Phyllis said...

Glad you are feeling good enough to work on a project! I know kidney stones can be monsterous to deal with. Hope you are back to 100% soon!

Farrah said...

Looks great Lisa, and I'm so glad you are feeling better! I can't wait to see how this turns out. :)

Romona said...

Yes, good to read that you are feeling better. So talented.

Lisa Neault said...

Yes, the month of April was not good health wise and there was another health issue I was worried about that needed to be tested. I just did not have the getty-up and go and was basically depressed about it and now that I have been to the doctor for that issue , and the kidney stones are beginning to pass, I am more my old self as my strength has begun to come back. I have more doctor's appointments and another procedure /to go through, but all should be well.

Muff said...

This looks like the start of something fabulous.