Saturday, June 11, 2016

It's National World Doll Day!

Did you know that June 11, 2016 is the 30th anniversary of World Doll Day?

Here is the link to when it started. Click World Doll Day


I decided to use a photo from the archives, of the Poppies playing with the Barbie dreamhouse with the Kellys, as National World Doll Day has a 
logo with a doll, holding a doll. Mildred Seely began World Doll day by
giving a doll, sharing dolls, with a letter on June 14, 1986. It was meant to spread a universal message of happiness and love. 

So share your story of dolls, or pics of dolls, and get your happy on!

6 comments:

monstercrafts said...

Happy World Doll Day! Yesterday (in Spain it's already Sunday) I had my finals, and after that, to celebrate WDD I went to Toys'r'us and got some Made to Move Barbies.

Cheers!

Romona said...

Wonderful. I was not aware, but did share a gift with a fellow doll collector who is building her diorama.

Phyllis said...

Happy World Doll Day to you, Lisa and all our dolly friends. I will have to add this day to my calendar for future reference. We did not have power for most of the day yesterday, so I did not see your post until today (Sunday!) Without knowing it was World Doll Day, I did celebrate by buying 3 of the new Barbie giftsets, so I will try to get something posted today.

jSarie said...

Happy (belated) World Doll Day! :)

Farrah said...

That is such a cute photo! :)

Lisa Neault said...

thank you! I did not know about World Doll day until reading another blogger's post and now I cannot remember the blogger- (head smack ). I figured since I had only done two posts for June that this would be a good one. I am way behind on getting work done on Honeydukes and another fantasy project too.

I don't know what it is, I just can't seem to get my getty up anymore since being sick. It is very hard to find the energy to sew, cut, craft or just do the basics, much less create. I guess I am mentally drained as well as my physical being is recovering, this is the first real serious illness I have had where it inhibited my health for 2-3 months.