Saturday, March 5, 2016

Sheri's Dolls...1867 Party Gown


Last weekend when I attended the Capital Doll Club show and sale, I brought home another doll. Not unusual for me, but what was unusual was it was a one of a kind creation by Sheri's Dolls, aka Cheryl A. Brown. Her one of a kind hand crocheted creations are stunning. My last post showed a bunch of stunning creations of her show table. 





Above are some samples from her show table on February 27th when I attended here in Richmond, Va. I wish I could have brought more home! 

The doll I purchased was 1867 Party Gown and she was at a rock bottom price because Cheryl was moving away from Virginia and did not want to pack up these dolls and move them with her. So I got her at a tremendous deal. 






1867 party gown is in a shamrock green with tulles of lace cascading down the front, so her entire outfit is not entirely crocheted, just he bodice and the train. I love what she did with her hair. The doll is a Model Muse basics Barbie, but her underskirts are entirely finished, with stockings trimmed with lace and green shoes to match! I may re-use her for a St. Patrick's day post in a week or so.

In her gloved hands she holds a bouquet of flowers and in the other a small fan. Cheryl even finished this doll with period appropriate jewelry! I think she will go perfect with my other Victorian styled dolls. 

The piano is a prop /music box from my mother's collection, though not perfectly scaled. I thought I would do something different prop wise with her. 

2 comments:

jSarie said...

Wow, those are some epic dresses!

Lisa Neault said...

thank you!