Sunday, January 17, 2016

Mandrake botany books for Harry....

I have been working on more books, spilled open , designed to lay open, with aged pictures, for Harry and hopefully, Ron and Hermoine when they arrive. I found some stunning pics on google images with mandrakes this past week and printed them off. I also wanted to do some Da Vinci themed books on anatomy, in keeping when Harry loses his bones when one of his inept Professors gets rid of the bones in his arm- remember? so I thought that would be a cool set of books to do as well. Here are the mandrake books.

The only bummer thing I could not make the mandrakes in their pots. I had the pots about in my craft stash but now cannot find them. It has been snowing all day today, so I concentrated on books. Later this week I will get the pots. 

Here is a picture of the closeups of Hogwarts Castle which was 1:12 scale, that was my inspiration for my 1:6 scale project. Click on the greenhouse with the mandrakes!

and now for my pics!









Hope you enjoyed them!~Lisa

2 comments:

Muff said...

Wow! These are amazingly stunning. I'm very impressed.

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Muff! Finally got out today and found the pots to make the mandrakes for the books. Here's hoping I can do that...