Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas cookies, Santa's candy workshop, and Elf on the shelf...

I have been doing alot of different things. Hubcap and I decided to give into the holiday fun since daughter is grown and do the Elf on the Shelf fun. Beau is a mischevious elf who should be on Elf Juvenile probation, lol. Beau is short for Beauregarde. The hubcap wanted the most ridiculous, madcap name he could think of and the name that came to mind was the Bugs Bunny cartoon where the little colonel calls his dog saying 'Oh Beauregarde!' and a big sheepdog comes out of nowhere who can't see. 



I made the cookies of  polymer clay and used glitter to make them sparkle. Beau is pictured here sharing them with Lassie my little Madame Alexander doll. Pictured also here are a gingerbread house, thumbprint cookies, gingerbread men, and candy canes and peppermint sticks. 

There has also been some progress on Santa's candy workshop...Here is a sneak peak of the progress on the front....


Right now, this is the exterior but it will look far more different than this when finished. I have finished the wallpaper and trims on the interior need to get better pics of it before I post again. The exterior hopefully will look like a gingerbread house when I am done! Wish me luck! 

~Lisa

2 comments:

Betty said...

You did a great job on all those Christmas goodies for your doll. I actually bought an elf for my Ginny dolls, but never got around to setting anything up. I guess if I haven't done it yet I might as well wait until next year.

Lisa Neault said...

thank you! I have done the elf thing haphazaardly, just three days of pics. they are so cute, I get my ideas from the elf on the shelf facebook page and the website. If you think of him as another doll or character, then it is quite easy. He works well by himself and with larger props. I was thinking of setting up a little room for him. At first I wanted to namehim Hermie but he doesn't have blonde hair like the elf in Rudolph the red nosed reindeer show.
Your elf would be so cute with Ginny dolls!