Monday, November 9, 2015

1:6 scale staircase!

My new prop that I have been harping about for weeks arrived on Friday from the ebay seller li.Felice  of Puredream Dolls . She sells alot of 1:6 scale furniture and that is where my 1:6 scale staircase came from. (if you are interested, it looks like she only has one left listed.) This thing was packed extremely well and came all the way from Shanghai China to Virginia intact. That is saying alot for the country bumpkins who deliver to where I live. PureDream Dolls sells furniture quite reasonable in 1:6 scale in a highquality wood, with a variety of patterns, and the shipping is reasonable as well considering it has to come from China. The scale works well too. Jatman Stories used this staircase in one of their recent photostories, Team Roommate which was quite the hit and where I got the idea to use the stair case for my own mansion diorama. Ever since I saw it I have wanted this piece and saved for it. 

So Set B of the Gothic Mansion Dark Hollows now can begin, but it wouldn't be any fun without some Fashion Royalty girls and some camera time!




First, a few teasers...




It is quite a large piece and is exquisite. Though it is pricey I would put it up against the Byer's choice staircase any day as it could be installed inside a dollhouse. 


I love these two photos of Eugenia apprehensively, slowly going up the stairs. She soooo looks like Grace Kelly out of Rear Window. The staircase, with the walnut finish, the heavy Victorian furniture, the heavy brocades, columns, creates a feeling of heavy luxury and gothic foreboding. Hitchcock, here we come...

One with Agnes at the foot of the steps. I really love the perspective from this viewpoint. 

I have more photos but will post more later. I hope you enjoy the pics!~Lisa

10 comments:

Jaye said...

I love this stair case. I have seen it on Ebay. I have been too cheap to buy, but I keep being tempted. It's beautiful.

The grandmommy said...

VERRRY NICE!

RoxanneRoxanne said...

Wow, niiiiiiiice!

Lisa Neault said...

Jaye, I highly recommend it! It was packed extremely secure- and wasn't broken even though it traveled all the way from China, and had a dents in the box. It was well worth the money. I have looked at the byer's choice winding staircase that cost almost this much and is a retired piece, but decided on this. It is far more elegant. So glad everyone enjoyed the pics!

Farrah said...

Very nice, Lisa! I especially love the shots you took of her coming up the staircase. It looks so realistic! What a wonderful piece that I am sure you will use again and again. The style of the staircase looks especially nice with the rest of the decor in the mansion. :)

Vanessa said...

Congrats! Those stairs are perfect for the mansion (or any house for that matter). I'm looking forward to seeing future posts with them.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: congratulations. These staris are fabulous. Great Mansion. Fabulous pics. keep in touch

Lisa Neault said...

thank you all! I have been once again sidetracked by my work and my schedule so I haven't had time to work on the second half of the mansion this week. I've also been under the weather for the past couple of days too. I'm going to try to get back to work! this weekend and start gathering materials today and tomorrow,. I highly recommend this staircase, it's a winner!

Muff said...

Wow, that looks amazing!

Unknown said...

If you ever wish to sell your staircase or see another one like it for sale, please contact me. I have been looking for this staircase for years. Puredream, Meirucorp and iland used to sell them, mostly through Alibaba. They were $235-$246, but have not been available for YEARS. I think you probably purchased one of the last ones for sale.