Sunday, October 11, 2015

Going to the Chapel ..& we're Gonna get married...dead or alive...Haunted Beauty Zombie

More Haunted Beauty Zombie pictures...going to the chapel.The poor dear can't seem to remember she's dead and is wondering where her beloved is...or why she's been jilted at the altar...or where all the guests are at the wedding...




The truth is, she devoured them long ago, she just can't seem to remember that little detail. She's been part of the undead, for so long. So she keeps coming back to the deserted chapel, the scene of that horrific wedding day...







And so, she haunts the deserted chapel where no one goes, looking for her lost love but finding unsuspecting victims instead.....Beware.....

Update on dioramas.....

This is a little diorama I put together with some of my halloween props. You can see the sarcophagus I made a couple of years ago for my W Club Dracula doll and all of the cool tombstones I have collected from Michael's and the dollar stores. This year they are not selling them for some reason, I am glad I scooped them up when I did. I should have bought more. I made the broken down chapel from a shipping bubble box a couple of years ago and it has worked for a stable for my Nativity pageant I have put on. I need to make an altar and benches for the interior of it. Maybe stained glass windows for those arches in it too. 

I made great progress on my Halloween backdrop diorama I worked on yesterday- it came together much much better than I thought it would. I had sketched, re-drew and measured and it really came about once I started cutting and working on it. Sometimes you just have to plunge into a large project feet first and not worry about mistakes. This will be my largest diorama backdrop ever- it will have an exterior and interior and will have the ability to be folded up (or the walls unpinned/unhinged) and put away for storage.  I used Jatman's apartment tutorial as a concept and went from there, with her Blood and Roses horror story mansion as inspiration. I really liked the mansion layout but did not like the fact you could not see the exterior - haunted mansions should give you that feel of creepfest at the beginning. Since I have always wanted to build an Addams family style look, I am tired of waiting and wanted to try it. If I don't try, I won't know what to do and what not to do on the 2nd time around. There are alot of techniques I would like to do in 1:6 scale to see if they transfer to that scale. 

Surprisingly, yesterday was the first day in many weeks I have had of uninterrupted just me and building dolly /diorama time and it felt wonderful. I have been so busy with business and work, literally not time for dolls and creating, which I really need to unwind. So today maybe I can get some painting and staining done. That would be really great. 
Hopefully in a few days I will have some pictures for you. 
Lisa

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I really like your girl. Fabulous pics. keep in touch

Vanessa said...

This dio is fabulous. Your haunted mansion sounds like it going to be great, too. Looking forward to seeing it.

billa's dolls and fashions said...

Great diorama and photosession Lisa, the look is perfect and you nailed the gothic atmosphere!

D7ana said...

Brrrr ... creepy, cool diorama, Lisa! Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing the mansion.

Lisa Neault said...

so glad everyone liked the photos! I made some progress on the backdrop today. Painted windows and the door. It is slow going, maybe hopefully I can swing by and get more work done tomorrow. Had some setbacks today.

Jaye said...

This is a cool set up. I love the story. Poor lonely bride.

Sarah Sequins said...

She's beautiful, and I love the diorama!

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Both!

Farrah said...

Fantastic cemetery set! She looks perfect in it and I love the back story. I'm so happy to hear you had some good quality time to work on your art...something that we all need and can sometimes feel lacking in our daily lives. I love Jatman's sets...they are so cool! I'm definitely going to check out her tutorials one of these days!

Muff said...

I love that she doesn't remember she ate the guests! What a great diorama and use of props.

Betty said...

That doll is wonderful and you have great props. I think you have a lot of patience too with all that you create.