Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Recycle that Divergent Barbie Box!- Diorama Wall art Tutorial

I decided to while de-boxing that table and chair set that I would de-box one of those Divergent Target Tris dolls I bought the other day. I didn't throw the box away immediately. Instead, I recycled the graphics on the side of the box. 


Remember those kids who used to get a toy and play with it but go back to the box? Yeah that was me too. I loved the boxes as well. My poor mom could never ever throw away the boxes away quick enough.  

The wall art behind Tris are made from the graphics on her box. This couch needed some cool wall art that was kind of funky and out of this world and I wasn't finding much except vintage garage stuff which is ok for the guys but I wanted something kind of cool for the girls. This was exactly what I was looking for since I am working on a crate bed. 


Graphics from the Divergent box- there are more on the sides that I cut out too.



The large photo of graphics over the table with Tony and Tris, I think this looks kind of cool and I may use it over the crate bed. Right now it looks good right where it is.  
My cutting is not that straight, so will see. 
 Enjoy!~Lisa

8 comments:

Phyllis said...

Really good idea, Lisa! It looks great as wall art!

Lisa Neault said...

thank you!

The grandmommy said...

Like a true miniaturist. Use everything!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, it looks good!

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you- yes I don't throw anything away, lol!

Jaye said...

I like the artwork created from the box. Good idea.

Farrah said...

I have a hard time throwing away boxes as well :). This is a great idea though!

Muff said...

That looks great! Excellent idea.