Sunday, August 9, 2015

Crate sofa project...

So I have been working in between popping advil and applying ice packs to my face after oral surgery on some crate furniture I have been experimenting with creating. Today I finished the crate sofa for one of my Poppys and her boyfriend, whichever doll she picks. 

Yes, it is my Starlight Poppy who was the inspiration for this, Daphne. She is so hippy and bohemian. 


I plan to do a few other pieces to go with it, and some modern art too. Maybe a cool loft diorama with some pop art, a la Andy Warhol.  That would be fun for something different. Alot of distressed wood, exposed brick, cinder blocks, etc. Real avant guarde. 1970 crashes into 2015, lol. 

I finished the cushions and pillows today, the seat cushion did not turn out as nice as I wanted it to but the pillows were nice, it is a white jean fabric that goes perfect with that dark stain on the wood. 

All for now- Enjoy!~Lisa

6 comments:

monstercrafts said...

I think you should totally make a tutorial about how you made that cute sofa. Did you use popsicle sticks?

I love your blog, by the way.

Lisa Neault said...

thank you!
Not finished yet. Have other pieces to make that go with this as I want to do a diorama with it all together. That's the plan anyway. I used stripwood, cut individually, very time consuming with hubby's saws in the shop.

monstercrafts said...

You can find tons stuff made with crates and wooden pallets on the internet. I've always wanted to take some of those ideas and make them doll scale with popsicle sticks, however, probably the stripwood would be sturdier and can be cutted in longer pieces. Hope to see more of your creations soon.

Lisa Neault said...

Popsicle sticks might work for 1:12 scale, but I don't think it would be good or as sturdy for 1:6, remember it has to hold the weight of these dolls. I browse pinterest too and love those howtos on crate and pallet furniture- they are the bomb! That was kind of where I got the idea, and I love that store crate and barrel. It kind of looks chic and upcycled, so I thought what the heck, let's try it with this stripwood I had on hand. You can do this with a miter saw, it takes more time. I used my husband's band saw as it was quicker.

Vanessa said...

Cool looking sofa. It turned out very nice. Looking forward to seeing the other pieces.

Muff said...

Now that's darn cool looking!