Saturday, June 20, 2015

Vice Effect OllieLawson

I decided to start this blog entry off with the Vice Effect Ollie Lawson. Many of the W club members said he reminded them of Don Johnson from Miami Vice and I think that was the inspiration for this doll. Though I didn't watch the iconic show much in the 80's, I can appreciate the iconic look. Thank you W club for creating a doll that is so appealing. Of course, I could not let this doll enter the doll room without pulling out all the stops, er, props. 




Oliver Lawson is a new detective in town. The crime lab has finished and the coroner has just picked up the body. 'Apparent suicide' is what everyone is saying but something doesn't look right to Ollie. The crime scene is too clean, no note, a plate of fruit, a glass of champagne, and a bucket with whole bottle chilling...the old intuition tells Ollie something is not adding up...plus the victim was said to be right handed....
I got the tape from Amazon, I believe I blogged about it a couple of months ago. I was just waiting for the right doll to get it right. I used chalk and drew around one of my naked Poppy dolls waiting to be dressed, and drew red acrylic paint onto the floor, which can be wiped off later after this diorama is finished. I still might create a crime scene to go with this so Ollie can investigate. 

Now some closeups of this doll. He is so great! I absolutely love him!









His watch has real little links in it like the watches from the 80's and stretches- it really stretches! But of course you don't need to do that since his hands come off. His sunglasses are nice too. I love his outfit and just haven't taken off his blazer, the t-shirt is pink and tight and looks great on him. He looks ready for clubbing or dating or investigating crime. My ladies are going to go ga-ga over him. Agnes will hate him, probably. (She's not crazy about cops, lol) 
Now I need to pull out my dolls that are dressed like policeman for backup. The only thing he's missing is the white Ferrari....

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

Love, love, love the crime scene tape! You always pull out all the stops on your dios! I am jealous! Ollie Lawson is definitely modeled after Don Johnson's Miami Vice character. I watched it a few times, but it was not one of the shows I watched regularly. I will have to post some pictures of mine soon. BTW, I did check out the site for the Ruruko dolls -- I am definitely going to contact Denise! Thanks!

billa's dolls and fashions said...

He' really handsome, and very well made. He has got beautiful accessories and I like the screening a lot.
I was waiting for that tape to reappear!
I'm looking forward for your Poppy presentation!

Lisa Neault said...

lol...I knew when I saw someoneon Facebook who had bought the crime scene tape on Amazon in one of the groups who I was going to get it for, - Ollie. He looks so much like Don Johnson from Miami Vice. Actually, I never watched theshow very much because it was so focused on the druggie scene and not actual murder or investigative 'crime'= just drugs and narcs. Alot of bling, bikinis, pot, fast cars, etc. and it made for a good show back in the 80's and early 90's but I didn't really get into it. I couldn't resist with this doll. It would be just wrong to take his photo and say- here's Ollie!
So glad you checked out the website and will contact Denise! They debut Rurukos pretty regularly, so just watch and wait!

Billa, so glad you were waiting for the tape! lol....
Trying to figure out if I will do Poppy or Agnes next. This Poppy who everyone thinks is a dud will surprise everyone. She is really, really stunning.

D7ana said...

Congratulations on getting Ollie; he is good looking ;-)

I remember the show Miami Vice, but I didn't follow it regularly.

Muff said...

I remember Miami Vice was a huge deal when I was in high school but I kinda lost interest once I entered college. You did a great job here!

Vanessa said...

He has a Don Johnson vibe and that outfit is definitely Don Johnson. I watched quite a few episodes and also watched the movie that came out about 5 or 6 years ago. Great dio!

Lisa Neault said...

Thanks everyone! I remember , vaguely, a few of the episodes but mostly being enthralled with the hot guys and the cars and to tell the truth I can't even remember the crime dramas, just the hotties. lol...Maybe that is why I stopped watching it. This doll kind of embodies that show except he's missing the holster with the gun around his shoulder blades that he wears underneath the blazer, maybe he just sticks is in the back of his pants. lol.

Working on the picks of Agnes for tomorrow!