Sunday, December 7, 2014

Toys for Tots....

This is one diorama that I have been wanting to incorporate for a while into my doll town scenes- the Toys for Tots charity that the Marines do every year for needy children at Christmas. This is dear to my heart as my daughter Amanda has just enlisted in the Marines and is away this year at Christmas. She is a third generation, as her father was a Marine and her grandfather was as well. 

Enjoy!










How-To:
The toy bin was made from a Sun-maid raisin package, covered with contact paper and stuffed with paper, gifts and toys. The Toys for Tots graphics were copied from the internet and printed off and taped onto the easel and bin. 

5 comments:

Phyllis said...

Lisa, I love this! I have given toys to this program for many years and your depiction of it is just great.

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Phyllis! It has been on my list to do, and finally got around to creating this scene this morning!

D7ana said...

Our local media stations have Toys for Tots and similar toy drives. I like the dolls and the G.I. Joe in these photos.

Thanks for sharing how to make the toy bin, too.

Anonymous said...

This is a great subject for a diorama, it looks great! How you made the toy bin is very creative, it looks very good!

Lisa Neault said...

thank you D7ana and Night Owl!You donot need alot of expensive items to make great props, many times it is just putting a doll next to the item and see if it will work as far as height and width.