Thursday, December 4, 2014

Sweater Boys...

So last night since plans changed, I worked on some sock sweaters for Johnny and my Dynamite boy Auden. I have never really bonded with him because A) His weird hair started standing up like a bad Adam Ant night mare B) His shoes are impossible to get off unless you unless them completely.
But- I loved his little heart tattoo, his outfit, and blonde hair. I need to do a boil on his hair and just restyle it. But for now- he has been renamed in the interests of diorama purposes as Kris Kringle, Santa's grown son. I blame it on sweater socks...







Auden (Kris Kringle) has a cute little hat and I made Johnny a hat to match but it is going to end up on my Cruz aka Barry Gibb. Johnny's hair is just a mess and all over the place. His sweater turned out more bohemian than fair isle like I wanted. Of course, I couldn't resist some pics of them shopping and decorating the tree. 




Kris helping mom and dad in the study...


7 comments:

Phyllis said...

I really like your Christmas dios. What fun! That sweater you made for Johnny really looks great too! You are right about the hair on Auden. I have boil permed mine being careful not to get the flocking in the water. I pulled it back into a pony tail. It does look better, but I think he needs a better makeover!

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Fabulous sweaters for you guys. Very pretty. Great job. Awesome photos. Keep in touch

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you Marta!
Phyllis, these little socks I get at Michaels or the Dollar Tree for $1.Baby socks are great for tiny bjd's. The tinier your print the better. The sweater on Johnny was ok. I couldn't make a hat to match it that would cover that mop. I have seen One Sixth or Miranda Z whose Luke is customized, I got rid of the little strands on his chin last night. My Auden has a quick fix with the santa hat but I really need to do a boil on his hair. Roville did one on hers and he looks stunning. For some reason I love the Dynamite boys better than the hommes, I have two or three hommes.

billa's dolls and fashions said...

I love socks sweaters! you did a great job. Johnny sweater is indeed bohemien, but I find it irresistible.
I absolutely have to go and look for some baby christmas socks too!
You can imagine how I feel close to you as far as Auden's hairs are concerned....I'm just through a massive restyling on Goffredo(Decklan Wade from Gloss Convention), I know you'll fix him all right!

Muff said...

I have been enjoying all your holiday themed posts. Love all the hustle and bustle going on in your shopping plaza.

Jaye's Doll Space said...

I like your sweaters. I've been enjoying the activities in Santa's workshop.

Everything looks so good.

Lisa Neault said...

Hi Billa. Yes it is actually getting the nerve and time to stick Auden's head in boiling water!lol.
thank you Muff! I enjoy your blog so much- I too am a thrifty type of person and my dioramas are mostly made out of cardboard boxes. I do admit to a passion for textured spray paint that costs more than the box!
Janainah, thank you so much for taking a browse thru the blog!