Tuesday, December 30, 2014

new miniature food- St. Honore pastry

Have been missing in action but have been working on some new miniature food, and experimenting with different clays. Some have worked, some haven't. I have also been working on my doll room /collection goal list for 2015 and one of the items I listed was - create more of the pastries and cakes for my doll food- not just 1:6 scale, but all scales. Especially the bigger ones- 1:4 and 1:3. Why? I don't quite know except the challenge and feeling of satisfaction that I perfectly replicated something in large, big and small. That is what I did this weekend with the St. Honore pastry.

Here is a pic of the real thing off of google-


And below is the four St. Honore raspberry pastries I created in 1:3, 1:4 and two in 1:6 scale...



Marie Antoinette is holding the one in 1:6 scale....

There has always been one scene in this movie I have wanted to replicate- that is when Marie Antoinette and her friends are eating delectable pastries, strawberries, champagne, on gorgeous priceless china and crystal and 'shopping' for cloth for new dresses- the pug dogs carelessly eat the cake left on the divan. I adored her Mops, and created my own.


Not exactly the same, but you get the picture, lol.

Here are some more photos of Louis, Marie Antoinette and their daughter Marie Therese enjoying a decadent tea with these pastries. I promise to have more photos up with the appropriate sized dolls for the 1:3 and 1:4 scales, but I have to set that photo shoot up. 

Here is a hand size comparison-



That pic above is Louis' hand next to the 1:4 scale St. Honore.











Enjoy- and Bon Soir!~Lisa

No comments: