Tuesday, July 15, 2014

More Chateau project cakes & Introducing his Majesty, King Louis XVl

I have been busy of late, and only just had time to work on my custom doll that just arrived from Dawn of One Sixth Sense you can see him on this link page. 
I had decided when embarking on this project that I needed a companion for Marie Antoinette (Lilac Frost Poppy Parker, restyled by me). I looked at portraits of Louis as much as I could find, including ones I had never seen. I wanted Louis to be a young, Romantic looking Louis before the cares of state had burdened him down mentally and physically. I think Dawn pretty much succeeded in her commission.
Louis is a Mattel Twilight Emmett head, re-rooted and re-painted and switched to a London Calling Kyu body. The shirt is from Rock wedding Romaine, and I made his hose and breeches. His shoes were purchased on ebay and will be altered with rhinestones and buckles. I am currently working on the pattern for his coat and his lace collar. 





I recently finished some new miniature foods - a 3 tiered pink cake with handsculpted rose petals, and a plate of white chocolate 'Capezzoli di Venere' otherwise known to us as 'Nipples of Venus'. I even handpainted the plate so it would look like the plate from the Marie Antoinette Kirsten Dunst movie, where my cake inspirations for this project are coming from.






The only thing I forgot on my plating was the two orange flower petals under the truffles. This recipe was made famous in the 1984 'Amadeus' Mozart movie. 


Marvelous aren't they? Decadent white chocolate over a cake, wtih sugared pecans or chestnuts, there are various recipes out there. 
Here are some more photos of the finished foods...
Louis and Antoinette are getting their fill of 1:6 scale cake! Some of these items will be listed soon on my Etsy shop (link at the top) if you would like these for your tea scenes with Victoire Roux.