Monday, June 16, 2014

Experimentation is the spice of life...

I finally had some time to do some experimentation on the Beach House project. My past two weeks have been so packed that I have barely had time to enjoy the new dolls that have arrived, or start planning for the Fashion Royalty convention.

Today I finally got some pics of the structure  for Cruz and Shelby and I was pleased with the results. The beach house is intended to be a 'modern' structure , to look like lots of glass, metal,  minimalist.



I did some furniture placement and decided that boat shelf unit will go in the dining room off to the side. Everything is made of foamcore, including the columns and the strips across. On the left side I will place a poster of a beach scene landscape so it looks like they are looking out at the water from their windows. The roof is slanted up like most of these modern structures. I still have a long way to go. The rooms for this diorama will have to be done in two stages- the living room and dining room and the bedroom and bath/hot tub area. I still am working on the kinks of this diorama -the pins show where I attached the side panel cross pieces. Even though this room is large- 20 x 30- it still isn/t big enough!! which is what I find always happens with 1:6 scale but that is the fun challenge- fooling the eye.
I am not much on modern, but have come to love it and the expansiveness of it. I have done google searches on modern beach homes and I am not in love with the 'cubed' aspect of the structures but can see the beauty and functionality of them. So far this is my progress and I am hoping to get more materials together and get more completed pics up soon. So far, so good. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: great house. I'm looking forward to seeing more. Keep in touch