Friday, June 13, 2014

Catching up. Chateau project, Fashion Royalty convention....

I haven't posted much in the last few weeks. This past week has been so busy I have barely had time to do what I do- run all over the place, then eat, sleep and start all over again. I have been working on the beach house project with the design, and I need a few more items before I can begin that diorama. !
I have signed up just in time for the Gloss Fashion Royalty convention and I am so excited! I was afraid I would miss out and luckily, I got my payment in just in time. I will be traveling with my doll buddy- Karon Montague or KaronNVa on the Doll Divas board and her son. I love going to Florida and am so looking forward to my first FR Convention! 

Some items arrived yesterday for the Chateau project..and I have many updates on that!
First up, these lovely chairs by Bespaq, designed by Jim Coates Miniatures on Ebay, arrived. He also designed and made the fireplace, screen, base. His work is authentic and too scale, and I highly recommend him over others who claim 'Bespaq-like' quality. Marie Antoinette loves her chairs...











I am almost ready for Louis, customized by Dawn of One Sixth Sense to arrive after I make the final payment on him. One thing I realized was I needed Louis XVl,  so I researched what the 'young Louis' would look like. I find it hard to believe that he was ugly, so I wanted a 'romantic' version of his youngest portrait found in Google search, which I sent to Dawn. Louis is a repainted and re-rooted Twilight Emmett on a Kyu Dynamite boys body. It was important his skin tone match as close as possible with Lilac Frost Poppy who I had customized into Marie Antoinette, based on the Kirsten Dunst portrayal in the Marie Antoinette movie. Here are some photos of the finished Louis Dawn sent me and that are on her website and facebook page...



Isn't he dreamy??? The jacket is by Gwendolyn's treasures and it was a Nehru jacket that Dawn put him in. So lovely. He won't be coming home in that outfit...I am currently working on his suit and have purchased his shoes, which I hope will fit. His hair will be tied in back with black silk ribbon. Dawn really captured the look I was hoping to achieve...Enjoy!

No comments: