Thursday, April 17, 2014

Photo Fun....

Today, as evening was coming on, and the light was just right, I decided to have some fun with some dolls that needed photo time, 'just because'....

First up, was Silkstone Boater....



She is such an amazing Silkstone. Back in the 80's, I had a similar looking suit in my 20's though I did not wear black stockings with my spectator pumps. My hat also did not look like this one- Boater's was cuter than mine. Yes, I used to wear hats in the 80's. 
Next up was Plantation Belle. This doll I love, but one of the biggest problem is her skin tone and the color palette of the dress, very pale, so I thought a green, spring background would work with her. Hopefully I will have some more time to photograph her when the sun is a tad brighter.

The 'jewel' or Queen of my collection, Agnes Von Weiss, Concerto in M. I never purchased this doll, I won her in a contest on the W club. She captured my heart with her hair, pale skin tone, and character in her face. Can't explain it, but she 'reigns' in my doll town as well as owns the dollhouse. She is one of my most demanding divas, and usually refuses camera time if things don't suit her...lol. Here, she pauses to admire one of the first blooms of spring. The green background of spring only serves to compliment her dress, purse and that stunning red hair.

Next up are two of my newest vintage dolls, won on Ebay. Buffy & Mrs. Beasley, a vintage grail score for me, and Dramatic Living Skipper. Both have near perfect hair and face ups. I can't say how much I absolutely adore these two dolls. 

I am also playing with putting text in my photos. I have seen too many photos stolen or taken -for whatever reason, by others. Though this isn't fool proof, I know, but I want my work recognized for me. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

I don't blame you at all for wanting to put a watermark on your images... I've been finding mine stolen and put on FB accounts... which is so dumb... I'd happily have people use my photos, if they'd just credit me for them, as I credit everyone if I ever show someone else's photo -_- It's so crazy.

Rhonda Stewart said...

Amazing Silkstone Boater!!! And I love Skipper. Congrats.

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Heather. It really makes it time consuming to do the photos, since I take so many! I'vebeen thinnking of doing this for some time, as it seems to be a frequent passtime...I haven't seen any of my photos turn up on FB yet. I don't mind if people pin them for Pinterest as this leads back to where the photo came from. I find it so hard to believe people would cheat themselves out of taking the photos themselves, it is such fun.