Friday, April 5, 2013

The Dugout Project progress so far...

As many of you may remember, I started work last month on a large project- replicating the pictures from the Little House books written by Laura Ingalls Wilder, starting with On the Banks of Plum Creek. I decided to do the ambitious project of actually building the dugout and staging the dolls believing it would be more realistic, and I was right! Today I had a day uninterrupted (no small feat for me with two businesses, phone ringing  and email that has to be answered.) It was a beautiful day and I made alot of progress!

The exterior of the dugout is done, but not the interior , not yet anyway. I still have to do some more research as Laura was not very specific about how large the dugout was or how much furniture they had, if any. But the exterior is looking very good, if I do say so myself. ENjoy the pics!














1 comment: