Sunday, April 7, 2013

Miniature baking...











I had some spare time to sculpt. It has been so very long since I worked with clay and it is something I love doing, but need to have a sort of Zen mind set when doing it, as I don't like to stop once I start. I have always loved making miniature breads, muffins, rolls, cakes, pies, sweets, etc. Working in 1:6 scale is even more fun because of the detail you can put into a piece. Bread is especially hard unless you have the right technique to get that crumbly soft yumminess. Poppy decided to be my model in the kitchen today.

I made all of the bread boards, as well as the breads. There is braided challah bread, french and Italian breads, hamburger buns, croissants, and loaf bread too. I am hoping to finish enough as I have some more clay and put some of these bread boards up on Etsy, which is empty right now. I was thinking some cheese and grapes would be great with these boards--I will have to get the clay tomorrow for those additions. Let me know if you like these breads, as they are also sliceable . I was thinking of making a simple bread board, with two loaves, one cut and the other uncut, for display with the pieces loose as a beginner piece, than the more on the board, the more higher the cost. After making all these breads, I am wondering if my town shouldn't have a bakery instead of a diner- a real french Patiesserie. 
Enjoy!~Lisa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: some pictures are very real. I really like the bread and biscuits. Keep in touch

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Marta!