Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Explorers....


I recently purchased this mummy sarcophagus prop at Hobby Lobby with my 40% coupon. There is another Egyptian type of statue there I want, as I love all things Egyptian and have always wanted the action figures Indiana Jones and Henry Jones- those movies and the Mummy are some of my favorites. Doing a diorama with the search for an Egyptian mummy has always been on my to do list....so I decided to combine my watcher Mr. Rupert Giles with Katniss, who will be my tomb raider/explorer, as well as Buffy later. I put together this little diorama this evening, and had fun with it. 
For now, enjoy the pics!~Lisa









Prop credits:
chair- Cotswold Collectibles (check link box to the left)
Giles- Sideshow
Katniss- Mattel
desk, table- Bespaq
vases, tea set- Ruetter porcelain
dog- Christmas ornament from the Christmas Mouse store
vase- Alex Mechijohn, miniature potter
pillars- cake columns 13 inches high, Hobby Lobby
Mummy sarcophagus- Hobby Lobby
floor- scrapbook paper Hobby Lobby
shovel- Christmas ornament
leather books, letters, papers, maps, - made by me
lamp- vintage diecast pencil sharpner, ebay

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: you have great ideas. I like the office and all the accessories. Keep in touch