Thursday, June 28, 2012

Babies R Them...





A new arrival at the One Sixth Scale DOllhouse, via Ebay , in a lot. I had learned a little about some dolls Mattel produced in the late 80's or early 90's called Hearts club family, or some such name, that came with toddlers. Well, I found a lot of them on ebay going for $8 which I won. Above you can see the photos of the invasion of the Chubbo- toddlers...
I'm not that crazy about them. The little guy with brown hair is cute. The two that look alike and look like twins are ok, but the little girl with the big 80's hair do looks like a character from that Obese kids special Dr. Phil did. In fact, when I opened the box, that was the first thing I thought of. No wonder the seller did not put the height on these little ones....they will eat me out of plastic hamburgers and Re-ment in no time!
So I took some photos after my initial disappointment on trying to populate Barbietown and brought out some of the kids for size comparisons...


Above is the little cutie boy with a Mini American Girl Emily- she is 6 inches high, and not too thin herself. They look a little like brother and sister...so far, so good.
Also above is a group picture...poor teeny Kelly is so petite next to the Chubbo twins, and they're sitting! I have also included a little Chelsea friend too.


The Obese toddlers measure in at 4 inches high, about the same height as Kelly, but way fatter.

So then I decided to see if they would look ok with some of the adult dolls....First I tried Maddie Green, resident Grandmother of Barbietown.


I put her in a nice big comfy chair to offset the scale craziness and plopped Emily next to her, they just look like chunky kids. I'm thinking their parents are going to have to be power team action figures and maybe one of those fugly character celebrity dolls like Mimi....hmm...
However, the nekked twin is just TOO big, as is the blonde chubbo toddler too with the bouffant.

I may use these dolls in a skit of some sort.....

And that got me thinking--- if they looked big on Maddie, what about one of the fashion royalty dolls?
Unfortunately, Agnes and Agatha could never consent to picking up 'chunky' toddlers, so I grabbed Anja...I forgot what a drama queen she can be...

NOOOOOOOOOO! I'm a SUPERMODEL, not a SUPERMOM! Eek! Don't take a picture of me- this will ruin my image!" (forgive her, she just got her nails done and wanted to show them off...)


Me: Ok, sit still and don't move...you're going to ruin the photos, Emily look this way...
Anja: Really, are you serious? Does my agent know about this? Agnes will be extremely upset at me doing this Happy Family cheesecake...YUCK! WHAT IS THAT SMELL?? Did this --fat infant just fart????
Me: oK, You moved, and waved your hands all around...(sounds of baby farting and beginning to squirm with Anja's overdramatic gesturing...)
Anja: Really, These fat children need a diet....and some exercise..
Me: take it easy, he's a toddler,, and he can't walk yet!
As you can see, the chubby toddler is way too fat for the fashion royalty gals....I'm thinking their kids have to be designer kids you carry in  a shopping bag ...

Finally, Maddie had enough, so she took chubby toddler off of Anja's hands to quiet him down while Anja made sure she didn't 'smell' like toddler....
But, his head is way too big, I think he looks ok sitting on the floor or maybe in a high chair or stroller, but he looks quite big, even though his legs curl around her waist just right.


Unfortunately for Anja, someone said 'ice cream' and the kids began to clamour about wanting some, which this supermodel just couldn't handle...we will leave them now as Maddie will probably begin to figure out a new diet regime for these little chubbo's in her daycare..

I have to say I have days like that too Anja...Calgon take me away!!!!!!

As to whether or not I will be keeping the chubbo toddlers, I am going to have to figure out which dolls they will mesh with and look right in scale. I may keep the little brown haired guy, but the two that look like twins I'm on a hedge about. The bouffant obese blonde toddler will definitely have to go minus her cute outfit....see, this is what happens when you troll ebay....
Hope you enjoyed the photos!
Lisa

No comments: