Thursday, September 29, 2011

Monaco Royale Vanessa....









Monaco Royale Vanessa from the W club arrived a few days ago, but haven't de-boxed her until today. This doll is exquisite, the draping and bead and sequin detailing is amazing on the gown, especially with the kick panel to the side. Her jewelry, I am envious for the first time of a doll who has more elegant jewelry than I! She also comes with interchangeable hands to hold the 'Bloody Mary' cocktail! Totally well worth the money. I try to keep my dolly budget under control, so with the W club dolls I do not always buy them...but this Vanessa reminds me a bit of the royal photographer Cecil Beaton from the early 50's & 60's who photographed the Queen and Princess Ann, and Princess Margaret in thos stylish, eau de soie evening gowns, with over the top heavy chic buns and high hair do's. Her look here is timeless and classic, and chic...
Plus- this doll poses quite well seated, which surprised me given the dress is supposed to be form fitting. The shoes are a little loose, but they work..I love the gold with this salmon color, very glitzy, very glamorous.
Enjoy the photos!
~Lisa

No comments: