Monday, January 19, 2009

Featured Artisan: Sylvia Rountree, The Dolls' Cobbler
















My featured artisan/shop is Sylvia Rountree, who is the owner of The Dolls' Cobbler. Sylvia is a gifted IGMA artisan, who creates the most tiny, complete, realistic shoes! Not satisfied with just 1:12 and 1:24 scale, she also creates in 1:6 scale also- asmy dolls can attest, since they went 'shopping' when her table was across from mine at Tyson's Corner miniature show last year in October. I have always admired Sylvia's work since I was a teenager and read about these marvelous creations in Nutshell News-- what a heady experience it is for me to call her a friend.





I encourage you toshop her link- at the left here on my blog. Whatever she creates in 1/12 scale, she can create in 1/6 scale for your dolls- but you must let her know what doll it is- some of the shoes can fit Silkstones better than the FR gals. She and I talked last week and she is now currently working on shoes for Tonner dolls, which will also fit Gene! Sylvia's shoes are all workable and hand crafted of the thinnest leathers. Here are some pictures above of some of my girls experiencing trying on these shoes ....










Enjoy!





~Lisa

2 comments:

Living said...

Oh interesting. I hadn't actually considered that people would do this.

Lisa Neault said...

Isn't it fascinating? Sylvia does make the most astounding shoes, purses and luggage for dolls, and has been for years.